07 March 2009

Cooking with BEAT

Ladies and Gents, 

All I want to do is cook. Not so much eat it. Just cook. I've been searching all day for recipes. I normally cook a few things on Sundays for lunch in the coming week. I couldn't wait until Sunday. 

Over the last twenty four hours I've cooked the following:
1. Hummus. Yummy extra garlic hummus. I made way too much. But it was very cheap because I used dried beans. 
2. Guacamole. I did eat all of it because it doesn't keep so well when made fresh.
3. Onion and mushroom quesadillas. This was dinner last night.
4. Onion, pepper, mushroom, and egg breakfast burritos. With salsa covering the top.  I actually had these for brunch. 
5. Scalloped potatoes. From scratch. I just tasted. The rest went into individual containers for the coming week. 
6. Chickpea and onion salad with pomegranate vinaigrette. This was dinner. Lots left over for the coming week. 
7. Strawberry and honey pastry. I found some leftover puff pastry in the freezer. And strawberries are so cheap. I made a warm strawberry compote with honey. 

Next on the list will be rice, broccoli, and faux-chicken casserole. Probably with some cheddar cheese. 

And if you want to know about a great sugar substitute, try out AGAVE. Really wonderful. Even Dr. Oz from Oprah says it is the best. Great in coffee, tea, and cooking. 

I will keep you updated. And trust me, I made most of these dishes for the coming week. The guacamole and strawberry pastry were the best. Plus, when I cook, I never want the food because I'm tired of looking and smelling it. Maybe this is the best diet plan!

Cook upon cook,
BEAT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And who told you about AGAVE...that was your Mother I do believe !!!!