14 October 2009

Convincing?


The family is coming for a visit. The big game is this weekend! Go Dawgs! Beat Vandy!

Let's clarify. The whole family. All three of my immediate family members are descending upon Nashville. This has not happened since Thanksgiving 2007.

I made reservations for a nice restaurant and sent the info to the Mom. My birthday is coming soon. Real soon. And I like to take advantage of those who have more money than myself. Not just more money, but I like to share good food with those I love. And did I mention my birthday is coming up? Of course I am going to pick a yummy place for the annual "Birthday Dinner."

In response to my email, the Mom sent the below picture to express her joy and elation. She
really, truly thought this picture would get me excited. This is her convincing evidence?

Dearest Mommy, you need to work harder.
I am scared and nervous now. I am so very
glad I just got a new bottle of Excedrin Migraine.
All my love, Your Favorite Daughter

ps: I am excited. This picture gave me a slight moment of pause. Bring on the fun, food, and family.
pps: I will update y'all once they leave. Promise.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

what a classic ::real:: family photo. how fun. im visiting my fam all weekend too! :) yay!