22 October 2009

More than 30 seconds?

My brother recently commented that it only takes 30 seconds to read my blog. Have I been lacking substance? Too many pictures? (What? I like pictures.)

Maybe I am tired of words. Yes, I know I am a talker. (Go ahead. Laugh.) I write constantly. I think continually. And I talk. Constantly and continually. Put those things together and I arrive at disliking words.

I want to share those thoughts. I don't do all this thinking for nothing. Maybe you didn't come here to hear about God. Well, find another blog. I'm going to talk about God because I think about God about...80% of the day. Let's all remember, I am getting a degree about the Divine. Getting kinda tired of reading about my friends? That is about 7% of my thinking. The other 13% is consumed with family, future, and food. (I like food. I really like good food.) The future thoughts are starting to take up more and more time as graduation and the hopes of commissioning loom nearer and closer.

Maybe Photo Friday will be joined by Thursday Thought? Or Soapbox Sunday? These thoughts will consume me if I don't get them on paper...err screen. I am tired of words, but the words are not tired of me. This is the tension that I struggle with when blogging. I have substance. And I want my words to be worth more than 30 seconds.

Working on it.
BEAT

ps: These pictures are some highlights of my birthday dinner. Oh the laughter. And the trash talking. Plus the lovely kissing and hugging...and grabbing?

1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

i love the idea of soapbox sunday (or saturday) - I may have to steal that one.