06 July 2009

Music of the Moment: I'm a Redneck, Y'all

Or I live in the Country Music Capital of the...world. It is probably both. I mean, I am from Georgia. My (childhood) house is surrounded by chicken houses and cow pastures.

Redneck? Right? Right. Bless me and my roots.

Every radio station (because I'm old school, I still LOVE listening to the radio) in the current city in which I reside plays country music. Umm, who knew the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish sings country? Because he does. I do not lie. But I really enjoy his catchy, catchy tunes. Can't help it. And the below song is on every 5 minutes. And I'm okay with that.


And there is this other band that I love. Check them out, the Zac Brown Band! How can you go wrong with a song called Chicken Fried? I mean really. But I am in a sappy mood, so enjoy What Ever It Is. Lovely. Cute. Sweet. I do enjoy a good dose of Southern charm. Like I said, I'm from Georgia.


So here is my music of the moment. Add them to your collection.

I've got whatever it is. (But I'm still trying to figure out what it is.)
BEAT

2 comments:

Julia said...

ZBB are audie's and my favs. 'Whatever it is' is our song! and they totally played a concert in Cordele the night before our wedding! too fun!

rachaelgking said...

I LOVE country. My trip to Nashville last year was one of the most fun weekends I've ever had! Can't wait to check these out...