29 September 2009

For Georgia: A Prayer for the Waters

I dream in prayers. I dream about prayers. And I dream about writing prayers. I can see the words floating before my eyes. The words flow around me. Swirling. They craft themselves into sentences. I see hands reach out. My hands grasp the words. Hold tight. And then rearrange them. Perfecting. Creating holy, sacred texts. Spirit inspired clauses.

Creator God, You parted the waters from the land. And then you let the rains come. They came and covered the lands. The people were hopeless. They waited. And we wait. The sun is starting to peak from behind the dense clouds. The waters consumed the land. The rains consumed our homes. They waited. And we wait. The warmth of restoration is no longer beyond sight. We listen for the flicker of a dove's wings in the stillness of each day. They waited. And we wait. May the branch of peace be ever near. Though the rains were consuming, we know You were with us. Draw us close, to you and one another. Be ever present. They waited. And we wait for the rainbow. In the renewing calmness of Jesus the Christ's Spirit. Amen.

I dream in prayers. I dream about prayers. And I dream about writing prayers. When I do, I sleep well. It sounds restless. Tiring. Exhausting. There is a peace. My sleep is full of peace.

I hope those dreams come more often.
BEAT

1 comment:

Mom said...

I hope you have many more dreams like this...and share with all of us. What a wonderful way to start the morning with a Prayer like this. Thank you...