27 September 2009

What I'm Not

I have a habit of saying what I'm not...

I can tell you what I'm not. I'm not a scholar. I'm not skinny. I'm not terribly peppy. I can continue. Don't make me.

Looking back over some posts, I think it is easier to identify the areas in which I lack. Not even areas where I need to grow, but parts of my personality and abilities that are less.

So much for positive thinking?

Sure. Process of elimination. But that could be a long process.

It's not about boasting. Or carrying on. At some point I gotta claim it. Right?

I want to know who I am. And what I can do. When I do know, I should be able to say it.

It may be easier to say what I'm not. I think I need to work on saying what I am.

What I am,
BEAT

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I can tell you a few of the things you are- you are beautiful and funny and very smart and an absolute joy to be around and you make my life better and brighter because you are a part of it!