14 December 2008

seven things...

I was recently "tagged" in this cool person's blog to tell seven things about myself. Just seven?  I thought long and hard to share things most might not know. Then I realized I am an open book, endearing or to fault. Here are some of my favorites. 

  1. My dad would not allow pink dresses or clothes into the house when my mom was pregnant. This started with my older brother and continued with me, even though they didn't know the sex of either of us. I guess it rubbed off. I hate (and I only use that word with care) the color pink. I don't own any piece of clothing that is pink. I have a theory about this color, but I won't bore you (today) with it. 
  2. This is a little gross, but both big toe nails are without "sides."  Because of ingrown toenails (damn you basketball), they were cut out. When I get pedicures the people painting my nails ask so many questions.
  3. I met Hillary Clinton. Not just met her, but got to celebrate being United Methodist at a reception/party.  As she was leaving the Board of Church and Society building in DC, I kinda stepped in front of her and introduced myself. The secret service folks didn't like this so much. But hey, I got to shake her hand and have a brief convo
  4. I am the only person in my immediate family to have a passport. I was also the first person in my family to ride on an airplane. 
  5. I did not have hair for the first year of my birth. And then, this crazy redness started sprouting out of my scalp, and my dad questioned if my mom had relations with the mail man. 
  6. My diploma from high school has dual degrees, one with academic distinction and the other with a vocational seal in business administration. Oh the stories I could tell about my high school with its barn, greenhouse, roping ring, and all. 
  7. People don't really enjoy watching t.v. with me. I routinely guess the murderer, twist in plot, who will die, and such within the first five minutes. I don't mean to; I just can't help it. It's so obvious to me.  
I think I'm supposed to pass this on. It will most likely just go to the Nine. Everyone else I know who has a blogged has been tagged by others. 

Distraction upon distraction,
BEAT

ps: 8. My initials spell out BEAT. That is always my fun fact in ice breaker games.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Theory on pink... I'm intrigued. You must share.