30 December 2008

Top Five of the Year

The girls and I did the top five things, people, events, and such we are most grateful for this year. I suggest you do the same. Write it down. Share it. Let people know what has made you grateful, especially as you prepare for a new year. These are hard times. Let's be honest. We all need a little hope and joy! These are times to remember. It could be about luck. (Because I am lucky!) It could be about thankfulness. (Praise God!) It could simply be about counting your blessings. (Which I hope are more than just five.)

Here are my TOP FIVE...
  1. England. What a wonderful trip. I felt like an adult on a great adventure.  I love to travel.  Thanks Megs and JM! Thanks for being my wonderful traveling buddies. 
  2. Vanderbilt and Nashville. I finally feel like myself in this cool town. I have met great people, made better friends, and am preparing for the future. Most of all, I am lucky to attend such a wonderful school. 
  3. My mom. I dearly love my father and brother. I am blessed to have a humorous family, but my mom keeps us going. I ask her every single time I am home, "How do you put up with us three?"  The Mom is a saint, but she just doesn't know it...
  4. The United Methodist Church. I am so very excited about my future. And I am even more happy to be part of a church that challenges political leaders to think more inclusively, welcomes all God's people, and ordains women. 
  5. You, you, you, you, you, you, you, and you. (Count it up! It's eight. Plus me equals nine. This goes out to the Nine.) And I mean it! Thanks for being my sounding board, advice givers, and best friends. Talk about true blessings. 
See, friends. I am lucky. I am blessed. And most of all, I am thankful.  This is one great grateful list. I hope you can count them up--beyond 5, 10, or 125. Write it down. Share it. Take time to remember.

Grateful upon grateful,
BEAT

No comments: