09 May 2009

Call, Release, Proclaim

These are the only pictures I snapped yesterday. I was having fun. Or waiting. The ceremony started thirty minutes late. Or Jacq and I were yelling at bad drivers. That took up a good chunk of time. Nashville has really bad drivers. Or I was laughing. Even watching as KC was beaming with glee. Glee that exuded from every pore. Or maybe I was celebrating. Way to go Chuckers

Next year I will graduate. I can't wait to exude the same glee. Someone recently referred to me as Rev. T. Graduation just provides the degree I need to really get where I want to be. That degree does not determine my calling. It helps me fulfill my calling. 

Everyone tells me I am rushing things. Rush. Rush. Rush. Slow down. That's what they tell me. I love VDS. I enjoy the classroom. I am getting tired of reading. Papers are growing old. Hopefully I never have to another exam. Please, God. Rush. Rush. Rush. Slow down. 

Everyone tells me I plan too far in advance. Think too far in advance. I love ministry. I love the work of welcoming, loving, and caring. I am getting tired of being called an intern. I want to be full time. Full time. Please, God. Rush, rush, rush. Slow down. 

I will graduate next year. I will be moving on. I've got a year. And I've got the rest of my life. Rush. Rush. Rush. Slow down. I live in that tension. Amen. 

Call, Release, Proclaim,
Rev. T.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I think you go at your pace and that is fine. Fine fine fine. And don't let anyone guilt you into thinking you should do something in a way that isn't true to you.

Just bear with us ones who are wanting to savor this next year. :)

BEAT said...

It is kinda a message to myself to savor the next year. That's why I have to remember to live in the tension so I will slow down.