15 May 2009

Photo Friday: Church in the City








I am back in class. Maymester. Lovely. It is an extremely emotional course about the church in the urban community. How does the church respond to such injustices as: food deserts, violence, homelessness, and unfair working conditions? How does the church promote: living wages, education, and health care? That is what I've spent the last four days discussing. And I have five more days to go. I am emotionally drained. And almost physically. Twelve hour days can be tough.

Let's not forget, the hard questions must be asked. I still have prostitution, abuse, prison, and much more to discuss.

Above are some pictures reflecting the last few days. All over Nashville. Today, in particular, we did a neighborhood mapping exercise. I wish I had a barber shop to hang out at.

Hard and more hard questions,
BEAT

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

So envious, but I don't envy the humidity. I'm glad you're asking the questions and talking about them. You know this already, but you'll be a better pastor one day for having done so.

xoxo,
jac