04 May 2009

Forward

I think I've posted this t-shirt before. I still want it. (hint, hint) If not the t-shirt, I would put the tote to good use. (hint, hint)

I frequently think about writing a book. Not because I am a great writer. I am not. But I have experienced some amazing things in my life. And why not share them with the world? This book would most likely be about my friends. We have many names: the nine, the girls, mondays@9, and the LCers (or for the purest, LGCers). We went to college together. All four years. You know all of this. I've shared parts of the story before. "Bible" study every Monday night at 9pm. Yadda, yadda, yadda

We are celebrating the three year mark of our graduation. And we have had some up and downs since May 20, 2006. Can I get an amen, ladies? We are definitely in an up period. Flourishing. Comfort. Buying houses. Steady jobs. Making life choices and feeling good about it. Moving back. Moving away. Getting other degrees. In process. 

If I had to write a book at this very moment...it would be a collection of our emails. More specifically, a collection of our grateful lists. I would have to get their permission of course. Girls? We send grateful lists every Monday. Yes, every Monday. Five things. It is so easy to forget about blessings, positives, joys, and love. So easy. How long have we been doing this? Over two years I think. That is a lot of emails, lists, and well, love. I don't want to ruin the book, but we are grateful for some crazy things. They make me laugh. I have been known to cry. These lists exhibit our evolution into adulthood. It is really amazing. Every week, a new list from nine people. 

So, really all I need to do is write the forward. I like to make things easy on myself. I have a few days off before classes start back. Maybe I will get a move on it. It is a good story. I want to share it. You know, because I have eight reasons to be grateful on a daily basis. Eight. And that's not even counting the mom, dad, and brother I call family. 

I will keep you updated. My fingers are wanting to type. The brain is a-moving. Something like: "It all started with one simple phrase, 'We need a bible study.' That was in the first week of college. It just happened to be girls only. That's what happens when you live in an all girls dorm..." A really good story. Ups. Downs. Yet we are always grateful. 

What are you grateful for? I encourage you to write it down. Even share it. It gives you reason to hope...and to love...and to know joy. Something we don't do often enough. Hope, love, and joy. Remember to give us credit for the inspiration. I prefer Mondays@9. Or you can do with The Nine. They are my inspiration. I will let them be yours, too. 

Being grateful while writing a forward,
BEAT

No comments: