24 May 2009

My Mecca


Have I ever mentioned how much I love John Wesley? I am a Christian. But my particular flavor is Methodism. I am a Methodist.  And all the derogatory gloriousness that comes with that title. 
England is my Mecca. Not the whole country. Well, maybe. More specifically I would say Oxford, Bristol, London, and even Epworth. And if I am honest, Georgia. The state, not the country. John had some rough months in Georgia, but it transformed him. 

10 days. Where it all started for 10 days.


I was there for two weeks last year. I did not subject my friends to all the landmarks.  Megs and JM, you can thank me again later. 

10 days of lovely sights, sounds, and theology. The emphasis is worship and liturgy. These are my personal favorites. No lies. I could think, talk, and do liturgizing all day. The crafting of worship is such a special endeavour. 

Think of it as a pilgrimage.  A spiritual journey to reconnect to my roots. To walk where Wesley rode his horse. To stand where the class meetings met. To remember the challenges of seeking  justice and speaking truth. 

10 days. 

Maybe I will go on toward perfection. 

Maybe.
BEAT

No comments: