08 June 2009

The Old Folks Home

Not really. Not at all. Well, sorta. But don't let anyone know I said it. 

I am starting a new internship today! I will be the Student Chaplain at McKendree Village. I will be ministering to those in independent, assisted, dementia, and rehabilitation living situations. This means chapel services, bible studies, visitations, maybe funerals, breakfasts, hanging by the elevators for people watching (this is a big part of my j-o-b), listening, listening some more, and being present for the staff. Hopefully I will obtain a whole new skill set. 

I will be updating you over the next nine weeks. I am really excited. And nervous. 

Send me your good vibes for my first day! 
BEAT

ps: Check it out! McKendree Village!


1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

Good luck, dear! Hope it went well...