22 November 2008

a better attitude

No family trip this Thanksgiving break. 
No beach. No Vegas. No Memphis. 

I head home tomorrow. I do heart Georgia. 
However, I am afraid I'm going to be taking shots
 for different reasons this year. 

I will have a good attitude about being with (extended) family.  
I do miss my Aunt Ruth. 
It will be great to sleep in and not have to plan out each day. 
I have missed the cooking part the last five years. 
I have not missed the cleaning up part.

Ready or not, here I come family. 
Better attitude and all. 

Grace upon grace...I'm going to need it. 
Georgia Bound BEAT

ps: One day I will tell you how my mom outlawed conversations about politics, money, and religion this holiday.  I hope everyone follows her rules.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have to tell us that story one day, cause I sure could have used it this Thanksgiving. Now that's a story for you (one that should probably only be told in person, and not live forever on the internet).

:)