19 November 2008

I dedicate this to the ones I love...



If you ask me who my family is, I will probably make a list in this order: (to be revised at any moment)
Mom
Dad
The Brother, Andrew
The Nine 
(In no particular order: Amber, Megs, Marg, JM, Noe, Katie, Laura, and Court)
Chapelwood UMC
And the rest of the extended family...

The Nine are the focus of this post. (Sorry Mom.  I will dedicate a whole post to you soon. Promise.)  Another  friend's recent post inspired me to share about these wonderful people.  The Nine (or the Girls or Mondays@9 or my besties) are my best friends from college.  We all met within our first week in the magical land that is LaGrange College.  Our friendship developed during a weekly Bible study, where we barely discussed the Bible.  During the years, we lived together in overlapping forms. We have celebrated together: engagements, weddings, job promotions, adopting pets, vocations, and the list goes on.   We have mourned together: endings, deaths, changes, break-ups, and the list continues. 


Because of these experiences, each of you continue to teach me about: God, life, love, failure, success, family, and friendship. We are servant leaders: teachers, preachers, students, missionaries, doctors, and disciples.  We disagree. We are different.  Yet, we are family.  You show me the best of humanity.  Renewed energy. Creativity and imagination. Laughter. Intense dialogue. Flowing tears.  Honesty. Sarcasm. Grace. Joy. You mess up my normal existence in the best ways.  Thank God, we are friends. 

Loves, thank you.  I know it sounds silly, but you do complete me. You know me. For some reason, you love me. Away or together, we are family. Agree or disagree, we are friends. Married or single, we are family.  Conservative or liberal, we are friends.   Damn, we are lucky. 

Soon.  We will be together soon. 

Grace upon grace,
One of the Nine


3 comments:

Sara said...

friendship is a beautiful thing :)
i love how you all seem to basically match in most of the pictures. You just look like a big happy family!

Danielle said...

so. you 9 are so fabulous! i was ALWAYS envious of you ladies and your friendship... i wanted 8 other girls to be my bff's... i wanted 8 other girls to do everything with... i just wanted 8 other girls to be friends with! really. im just getting it out there. pure jealousy. you girls are all an inspiration to me! i admire you ALL and love you all so much and am so glad i got to know you each differntly for 2 years!!
and although i dont have 8 bff's i mean we can't all... God blessed me with 1 fabulous one!! and a whole bunch of boys that i love and love me... so yeah... yay for you 9. i love you all... you ladies make me happy! ok... sorry for writing a book... haha...

Meghan said...

WE ARE SOO LUCKY!!! I love you girls and can't wait to see you all in a few short weeks!